Saturday, June 20, 2009

Santa Cruz





I made it the coast during sunset, and I'm not gonna lie, I had another emotional moment. I have finally reach the other side. 3000 miles I've driven. I called Amber and tried to meet up with her and as I lapped the downtown area three times, these guys that gave me directions earlier, just made me stop. They were like, where in world are you trying to get to? Well, Mike, Chad, Joe and Munchkin :D, ended up taking me in for a beer at the El Palomar Restaurant, and Amber found me. They were the greatest group of fellas. Mike let us stay on his futon and the next day we all went to Brighton Beach. My friend Abby and John just so happen to be here from Knoxville, so that made it even better. We will be meeting in San Francisco in a couple days. Mike has been surfing his whole life and had a great set up for himself. He even had two goats, Luke and Layla. Layla had a cute little pink collar. So after a few hours at the beach, I took off on hwy 1 to go to San Francisco where Amber met me a few hours later. Thank you so much Santa Cruz fellas for taking care of us. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Lou...I just read your entire blog. Goddamn, you kick ass!! Looks like the trip of a lifetime. We'll see you when you roll back to K-town!!
Josh Staunton

heather nijoli said...

Beers! Goats! Beach! Three of my favorite things.