Monday, June 29, 2009

Camping Kennebec, SD






Today I left Gillette, SD. trying to get west of Sioux Falls, SD. It was a nice ride it was just 100 degrees and my 3rd day of long distance stretches. I took a quick nap against the Wall Drug building and then drove here to Kennebec. Earlier this evening I was talking to a friend and was out of my mine over it  and wished that I could find a body of water to swim and camp at, and 100 miles later, there it was. I am literally watching the sunset to the left, the lake in front me sitting in a U- shaped chair tree and this insane lightening storm too the right of me drinking a damn cold beer. How lucky am I ?! Leaving early tomorrow, I am trying to be in Bridgeport,WV Wednesday evening to see a good buddy of mine, then home by Fri. or Sat. I hate that it is about to be all over soon. Traveling gives you a clear mind and open heart. 

No comments: