Monday, June 29, 2009

Out where the buffalo roam free






Today I rode to the North entrance of Yellowstone. I knew this day would be extremely long but went for it anyway. I finally got to see elk, buffalo and a grizzly. It's pretty amazing how the wild life roams free here, they don't mind if people are all around, they stop traffic if they want to. After all, it is their home and we are there to observe. There wasn't a lot of time for me to stop because at this point, Sunday, I had five days to be home and a lot of miles to cover. So I drove thru Yellowstone, thru Big Horn State park, which was a great ride and stopped in Gillette, WY. for the evening. On my way I met this kid that was riding a 82 Suzuki GS650. Jon, was a college student from Alabama. He had already put 6000 miles on his bike and was pretty much traveling in the same direction as me. So we rode together for a bit and then he dropped south to head to Denver, Co where his brother lived. LOL, I got to talking to him and everyone knows the ditz I can be, I forgot to get gas and ran out in the middle of no where Wyoming. Thank you Jon for having a gas can attached. Good thinking. Hope your trip goes well.

No comments: