Monday, June 29, 2009

Bozeman, MT





Oh ...Bozeman, MT. This town really is pretty amazing. This was Amber's college stomping grounds. I met up with her here on a Friday night.  She was a bit worried about me because I rolled in a couple of hours later than I anticipated. Wandering around Missoula kept me tied up. So when I got to Bozeman I drove straight to the Filling Station, a local bar, met the regulars , and called my girl.  Needless to say we had a great time, as usual, and Dottie the Dyna almost stayed the night there as well. Played pool with this cool older fella that turned out to be Banner Thomas, the bass player for Molly Hatchet. I kicked his ass a couple of times at pool and he just loved that. The next day the bike got an oil change and we had some brunch at this cafe called the Cateye.  Later that evening we relaxed at Amber's second mother's home, Patrice. Her and Mark, her husband, live close to the west entrance and keep a Yellowstone journal. They educated me about the park and where I should go on my way out. Amber told me later that Patrice cried when I left. They are beautiful people. The little girls in the picture belong to this woman Laura, she use to work with. They were just irresistible. So from here back home we are on our own. Amber wants to stay and visit with old friends and  I want to go explore. I've decided to ride an extra 400 miles to West Virginia to visit a friend. Does it really have to end? Mind changes will probably happen. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks