Monday, June 29, 2009

Coeur D'Alene




Amber and I took her car and my motorcycle across to Seattle on the ferry. I was going to stay there and meet Amber in Bozeman, Mt in a couple of days but after all the big city fun we have been getting into, I decided to go to Coeur D'Alene, ID. The ride was a little uncertain as I approached the dark mountains. I passed several signs within 5 minutes: motorcycles use extreme caution, unexpected lane changes, uneven pavement, rough pavement, bump, ice on bridge, and rock slide area. Indeed I was a little nervous, but it turn out not that bad and it only rained lightly. There is a relieving feeling when you come out of the dark clouds and see bright blue skies ahead though. And I have a whole new understanding for the phrase," riding in the wind." The wind in some of the places I've been has been pretty intense. I actually was running from a sandstorm outside of Monument Valley earlier in the trip. I saw it to the left of me and stopped to see if someone could tell me what was going on because I have never seen anything like this. When I got to Coeur D'Alene, I got settled in and went and had dinner at this grill called Cricket's. I met this gentleman there named Ron. He owns a Pinot Noir vineyard that he calls, 777, and a cedar company. It was nice to have some conversation with this really intelligent man after sitting on a bike for several hours. Going to sleep early, I have several big days ahead of me. My body is starting to feel entirely beat up. I better put my big girl pants on and toughen up. 

1 comment:

Jonathan Rand said...

Hey Cindy. It was a pleasure to ride with you for a bit. I'm in Denver now at my brother's place. I added a link to your blog on mine - www.jlrand.com - . Best wishes